Classic, Classic Plus, Mini System, Mini Combination, Maxi Combination.
5 Year Warranty Terms and Conditions
1) The Warranty must be registered with TR Engineering Ltd within 30 days of the boiler being installed. Warranty registration received after that period will automatically revert the warranty to 1 Year parts and labour.
2) Products registered within the 30-day period will be covered for 5 Years, 2 years parts and labour, 3 years Parts only.
a) Proof of Purchase may be requested by TR Engineering Ltd before warranty can commence.
b) Engineer call out may be subject to obtaining a Pre-authorisation payment on a Credit/Debit card.
c) Charges will be made where:
i) We are unable to gain access at the agreed time and day.
ii) No manufacturing defect can be found.
iii) The fault is with or due to an issue not covered under the warranty agreement.
3) The warranty only applies to products purchased and installed in the United Kingdom. Including the Channel Islands.
4) During the period of the warranty any components covered under the warranty which prove to be defective due to a manufacturing defect will be repaired or replaced by TR Engineering Ltd provided that:
a) The appliance is available for service during normal working hours Monday to Friday (no weekend work or Bank holidays accepted) The repair of the appliance or components will be carried out at the place most suitable and convenient to TR Engineering Ltd.
b) Any product or part thereof returned to TR Engineering Ltd for repair under the warranty be accompanied with a returns note stating the boiler serial number, date of installation, full address of the householder including a contact number.
c) The appliance has only been used for domestic purposes for which it was designed.
d) The appliance is a permanent fixture and is not moved from site to site.
e) The defect has not arisen due to sludge or lime scale build up within the appliance.
5) The boiler must be installed as per the manufacturer’s instructions, failure to do so will invalidate the warranty.
a) The installation and commissioning engineers must be suitably qualified. CIPHE/NICEIC registered.
b) Service valves must be fitted.
c) The system must have been flushed and treated with inhibitor as per BS EN 7953. Proof of treatment may be requested by TR Engineering Ltd.
d) The system must have a magnetic filter fitted on the return pipework close to the boiler.
e) Combination boilers must have in addition to the above, a scale inhibitor fitted on the mains cold feed supply.
f) Ventilation must be provided for cooling purposes (See installation manual for full details)
6) The boiler must be serviced annually, on or before the anniversary of the installation date.
a) The service records must be made available to TR Engineering Ltd upon request.
b) The service engineer must be suitably qualified.
7) The warranty covers the boiler only. Any supplementary items such as programmers, filters valves etc are covered under a separate 1 year warranty.
8) Any part replaced during the warranty period will benefit from a period of warranty no longer than the remaining period of the warranty originally in place at the time the part is replaced.
9) Any repair carried out under the warranty will not extend the warranty beyond its original period.
10) The boiler must be accessible and installed with the correct clearances.
11) A responsible Adult must be in attendance to provide access to the property.
12) TR Engineering will not accept responsibility for damage caused by faulty installation, neglect, misuse or accidental damage, or the non-observance of the instructions contained in either the installation or operating instructions or by repairing by unqualified persons or failure to commission the boiler after installation.
13) Unauthorised invoices for call out or repair work carried out during the warranty period by any third party will not be accepted by TR Engineering Ltd.
14) This warranty does not extend to:
a) The repair or replacement of any component or associated labour charges resulting from lack of water in the heating system.
b) Failure of the heating system.
c) Parts which fail due to system debris and water quality issues.
d) Extra costs incurred whilst carrying out a repair under the warranty.
e) Third Party damage.
This does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for consequential loss or damage. This warranty is offered as an extra benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.